Launch event of the African and African-Caribbean Design Diaspora programme
26.09.2010 (18:00 - 21:00)
Dalston Eastern Curve Garden
13 Dalston Lane
Hackney, London E8 3DF
‘Together we can do it!’ Creativity from the communities – with the communities – for the communities
The African and African-Caribbean Design Diaspora (AACDD) three year
programme will be launched as a community event for Dalston and the
Borough of Hackney in the Dalston Eastern Curve Garden on 26th September
2010 with start-up exhibitions, events and initiatives in various parts
The programme initiated and organised by the British European Design Group (BEDG) is co-funded by the Arts Council England/Lottery Fund and works in partnership with the London Design Festival (LDF).
The evening launch is open to all members of African and African-Caribbean communities, interested individuals, officials, creatives, designers, artists, the AACDD partner organisations as well as this year’s participants, family and friends and – of course – the PRESS.
- 6.00pm Black Design Scout (market stall) in Dalston Garden serving welcome drinks and food as bar.
- 6.30pm Life Music : Hungo (Berimbau) player and Singer: Ney Corte Real
- 7.00pm Welcome address : Karin Beate Philipps, EBDG / AACDD
- 7.30pm Dance Performance : Capoeira Dancer : Luciano
- 8.00pm African Tango Taster : Sika Tro
- 8.30pm Kizomba Demo & Social Dancing : Sika & Harville
- 9.00pm End